If you have a Digistorm eduSITE and are logged into Craft, you are likely to see SEOmatic in two places - in your left hand menu and also while editing individual pages.
Within the option in your left hand menu (as per the below screenshot), SEO information for your overall site has already been completed by Digistorm. You should not need to make changes to this, however please contact email@example.com if you need assistance with this.
When you add a new entry (page) or article (blog post), adding information into SEOmatic can assist the SEO of your website. You can find SEOmatic using the 'SEO' tab within your entry or article, as per the below screenshot.
There are a number of fields to which you can make changes:
- SEO Title: this can differ from the actual title of your page or post - this is the title that will show in search results. You don't have to change this, however if you wish to, under 'Source', click 'Custom Text'. Think about the keywords that your school should be ranking for when deciding whether or not to change this item.
- SEO Description: your description should be a brief, clear indication of what users should expect if they click through. Ensure that your description matches your content and avoid stuffing the description with keywords.
- SEO Keywords: please note that Google does not take these into consideration but some other search engines might. Add keywords separated by commas that are relevant to your page or post.
If you continue scrolling, you'll be given a number of visual and social media options. This is essentially where you indicate an image to pull through where relevant, and also how you'd like your page or post to display on social channels.
- SEO Image: upload a relevant image that represents your page or post.
- Twitter Card Type: here you can decide (if using Twitter Cards), whether or not you'd like your image to display with your summary.
- Facebook Open Graph Type: here you can indicate whether your page or post should display like an article or a web page on Facebook.
- Robots Meta Tag: Here you can indicate whether you'd like your page or post to be crawled for the purpose of improving search results, or whether you'd like to block it from being indexed.